让雇主了解你的一个方法就是说故事,当你在面试过程中被问问题时,转而回答为个人的特长和经历,并且自己是如何应对突发状况的。
Never say anything bad about a previous employer.
绝不说上一任老板的坏话。
You should send a thank you note after a job interview.
面试后给面试官发送感谢函致谢。
Networking is an essential component of successful job hunting.
成功的求职,人际关系是一个重要的因素。
Most jobs are still found by networking, whether it’s online or in-person. You never know who can help you find your next job unless you tell your connections that you’re job seeking.
大多数的工作机会仍然通过人际关系网获得,无论通过网络还是个人。所以你永远不知道谁会帮助你寻找下一份工作,除非你跟自己的人际关系网谈及你在找工作的事情。
References can make a big difference in getting hired.
介绍信的作用非凡。
References are important, and employers check them. Get recommendations from bosses, co-workers, clients, subordinates, and suppliers.
介绍信很重要,因为雇主会审视它。请向你的前任上司,同事,客户,下属和供应商获取介绍信,这样将会很有用。
It’s acceptable to apply for the same job more than once.
同一个职位多次投职也无妨。
An Extra Tip
额外小提示
Polish your shoes prior to your interview.
面试前把鞋子擦亮。
This one’s an extra, but, yes, hiring managers do look at your shoes. If you don’t have shoe polish, a leather or multi-purpose cleaning wipe will work. It’s important to look your best from head to toe!
虽然这是额外的提示,但也是对的,人事部经理的确会看你的着装。如果你没有把鞋子擦干净,用皮革或多功能清洁布也可以。从头到脚给人的感觉也很重要!